Thursday 11 April 2013

Recently

Pin It
Salted Caramel Macaron
The last few months have been pretty food heavy in terms of cooking and eating. It seems that since the Eat Cambridge festival sprung up lots of new events have been occurring in and around Cambridge. I don't always take my big camera out with me these days but I do still get a little snap happy on my phone. I just wanted to share some of the things I've been making and eating over the past few months. On a side note, we head to New York & Chicago in just over a week and I couldn't be more excited. I have a big old list of restaurants I want to visit in that time I just hope we can fit them all in. This time around we will be staying in Brooklyn so I'm looking forward to exploring new neighbourhoods. I have just started a google map of the places I want to visit so if you have any other suggestions just let me know in the comments.
Black Forest Gateaux made at work
Orange, Pistachio & Carrot Birthday Cake 
Hot Cross Buns
Cofee & Walnut Cake

Steak & Honour Pop Up at Fitzbillies round 2

Jack's Gelato Doughnuts & Coffee Ice-cream at Steak & Honour Pop Up, Fitzbillies. Place-mat design by Tim
Jack's Gelato Baked Alaska at Steak & Honour Pop Up. Fitzbillies
Attending my first Supper Club (First Rule) & the first rice pudding that I actually enjoyed
Masala Dosa at Ceylon Cinnamon
3 Horseshoes Madingley
3 Horseshoes Madingely
Passionfruit 'Snow Egg' at Three Horseshoes in Madingley, quite possibly one of the best desserts I've ever eaten
I have a slight addiction to these peanut & sesame buns at Zhonghua Snacks as well as their pork & kimchi dumplings
I finally made it for brunch at Caravan. This Salt Beef bubble did not disappoint.
A special mention where I didn't manage to get photos is The Pint Shop pop up at Gogs Farm Shop was a meal I won't be forgetting for a while. I really can't wait for them to open up in the summer, you won't be able to keep me away! I am secretly hoping they do another pop up so I can take Tim along.

Upcoming

After missing out on the inaugural Sweeteasy I am really looking forward to Jo's event tomorrow night. 4 cocktail inspired cakes and 3 cake inspired cocktails, whats not to like? You can read more here

Stickybeaks Cafe have some exciting new Demonstration Supper Clubs coming up in the next few months. I have already signed up to the Intro to Sourdough but you can find out more on their facebook page 

3 comments:

  1. Is Zhonghua Snacks the one off Mill Road somewhere? Heard some good things about it!

    Dean & DeLuca deli/come upmarket grocery store is meant to be great, and do try to find some of Whimsy and Spice's cookies or marshmallows if they have any - Whimsy & Spice also do markets in Brooklyn regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhonghua Snacks is on Norfolk St, near CB2 & where Ark used to be. Its good for a quick, cheap meal.

      I've been to Dean & DeLuca before, this time around I'm on the look out for Trader Jo's. Will definitely keep an eye out for Whimsy & Spice. Will bring you back some if I find it.

      Delete
    2. That is sweet of you, thank you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...