Monday 10 September 2012

Sweetcorn Pancakes

Pin It
This weekend saw my 27th birthday and as I am fast approaching being middle age (I joke) Tim very generously bought me an all singing, all dancing Magimix food processor. I can't tell you how over the moon/excited I am about it so first thing on Sunday morning we gave it a whirl. I should begin by saying these pancakes don't have to be made in a food processor, you can do it the old fashioned way with a whisk, but you will need to finely chop the sweetcorn to get a similar consistency.

These pancakes, served with salted butter taste just like sweetcorn from the barbeque, smokey and creamy. We had them for breakfast along with some smoked frankfurters but they would make a great alternative to rostis or latkes for dinner. I can just imagine a perfectly poached egg sitting atop a stack of these with cured meat and grilled asparagus. Ok, I'll stop daydreaming and get on with the recipe.

Makes enough for 2 (aprox 8 pancakes)
You will need-

  • 60g plain flour
  • Around 125g sweetcorn (defrosted if frozen)
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1.5 tbsp milk
  • Salt & Pepper

Heat a pan on a medium high heat and lightly oil. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and blend for a couple of minutes. Spoon the mixture into the frying pan to make small pancakes and serve right away with a knob of butter and your favourite sides.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to middle age ;) these look great. i'm on my corn kick because we are just ending the season here. it's one of the main crops here in the midwest so we tend to go overboard with corn. looking forward to trying these!

    p.s. happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...