Wednesday 27 June 2012

Book & Bake Club

Pin It
I must begin by giving myself a slap on the wrist for the unplanned hiatus. Life has been busy and I just haven't had a proper chance to sit down and write (and edit photos). After a fantastic week in Barcelona I am back, refreshed and ready to take on July. Tonight I headed off my monthly Book & Bake club where this month's reading book was Jilly Cooper's Riders (fantastic poolside reading) & we baked from the Good Housekeeping Cookery Book.

We were treated to some seriously retro delights including an avocado mousse, Bakewell puddings, a Black Forest gâteaux & a pineapple upside down cake. The Book & Bake ladies are seriously skilled! I kept it simple as I had very limited time to bake and made Chocolate Viennese Fingers which were incredibly fragile but tasty.
    


Photos from Barcelona are on their way, I just need to get through and edit them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...