Friday 11 May 2012

Inders Kitchen, Cambridge

Pin It
indian, curry, bonda, lentil, biriyani, rice, spicy, onion seeds, chapati, paratha, chicken, thigh
I've been laying low a little recently, but I promise I have some new recipes coming soon. In the mean time I thought I would share my most recent new dining experience. Inders Kitchen has been in Cambridge for about a year and I have been meaning to try it out since they first opened. This week I finally got the chance to see what all the fuss was about and after feeling lazy on Monday evening, followed by Aoife's blog post I jumped straight onto their website and got ordering. I hadn't initially planned on blogging this but after the first taste I ran and grabbed my camera and got snapping.
indian, curry, bonda, lentil, biriyani, rice, spicy, onion seeds, chapati, paratha, chicken, thigh
We played it a little safe as my husband doesn't eat seafood and is a little iffy about lamb so we ordered the chicken tikka dum biryani, lentil cakes, potato bondas, chapattis & parathas. The biryani was deliciously fresh and scattered with lovely boneless thighs. Like Aoife, our bondas had lost their crispness but were still delicious and came with tamarind chutney. The lentil cakes were a hit too.Over all, it was a refreshing change to other Indian takeaways I have eaten and I wasn't left feeling wounded. It felt a lot more authentic and the ingredients fresh and good quality.
indian, curry, bonda, lentil, biriyani, rice, spicy, onion seeds, chapati, paratha, chicken, thigh
Purely for research purposes I decided to order another takeaway tonight. Don't judge, its been a long week. I decided on the king prawns in the classic Keralan moilee sauce as my husband was out. Unfortunately I found it way too spicy for me even though its spice rating on their website was medium. The flavour however was delicious and the prawns we big and juicy. I made through with a lot of yogurt and water. I also ordered Inder's mum's homemade lime, ginger and chilli pickle which was delicious, although my pot had tipped over in transport so there was very little sauce.
indian, curry, bonda, lentil, biriyani, rice, spicy, onion seeds, chapati, paratha, chicken, thigh
Overall, I would really recommend trying out Inder's Kitchen for a much better take on Indian takeaway food, I think its fantastic value, and doesn't leave you feeling regretful like so many other takeaways can do. They also have a BBQ menu of pre marinated dishes which I would quite like to try out when the sun decides to shine again. Oh and an added bonus, all ordering can be done on their website and you can pre-order you meal earlier in the day or even week.
indian, curry, bonda, lentil, biriyani, rice, spicy, onion seeds, chapati, paratha, chicken, thigh
On a different note, I was invited onto the Flavour show on Cambridge 105fm the other week, you can listen back to my interview here

1 comment:

  1. Agree on pretty much all counts, great flavours, well cooked with high spice levels. Have yet to try a 4 from them and already thought level 3 was at my limit. If it's too spicy, other flavours just tend to disappear for me.
    The favourite dishes I've had were the lentil cakes and a superb monkfish dish with the fish still juicy which is a bit of a feat for delivery food.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...