Sunday 9 October 2011

A Sunday in Cambridge

Pin It

This afternoon Tim and I decided to head for a little stroll around town and check out the food stalls on the market. I was hoping to track down some chestnuts but I think I may be a little early. We ended up buying a lovely spicy chorizo and a pack of chipotle chillis from the Cambridge Chilli Farm. I am making spicy bean burgers this week so I can't wait to stick some chipotle in there too.



After a little explore we decided to grab some lunch. Tim went for a Curry Wurst to tide him over till our next visit to Berlin in a couple of weeks.



I couldn't resist the Bisbrook Ostrich Farm stall and decided on a Ostrich steak sandwich. Ostrich meat has a much lower fat content than other meat with its fat content being less than 0.5% as well as it being low in cholesterol and high in protein. It is very similar to beef in flavour and texture. If you're ever in Cambridge I thoroughly recommend giving it a try!








The rest of our afternoon was spent watching films on the sofa with a brief break for a dinner of Tuscan Bean Stew. I am unbelievably tired today so its been a perfect day of relaxing and a few little treats. The weeks seem to be going by quicker and quicker at the moment so when the weekends come around they seem to fly by. I always seem to plan lots of things to do for every weekend so its nice to occasionally just put my feet up and relax.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Makes me miss Cambridge and the small bustleyness of the centre. I totally agree with you about tome, it's like someone pressed the fast forward button an forgot to press play again, I want normal speed time please, and lots more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god me too! There really aren't enough hours in the day at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...