Saturday 13 August 2011

Bill's restaurant

Pin It

On wednesday night we headed out for a family meal (to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday) at newly opened Bill's restaurant. I hadn't been before so was really excited to see what it was like. This also happened to coincide with us getting our new beauty of a camera (a Canon 550d if you're wondering). I decided to bring it along to get practicing shooting the family and of coarse the food. The restaurant doubles up as a store so you can buy lots of the things they use to take away. I recommend Bill's beer, its brewed in the brewery in Brighton and is delicious.



The restaurant has a nice informal layout and the menu makes its hard to choose. We decided to share a few of the Mezze boards which had hummus, olives, babaganoush, guacamole, slow roasted vegetables with pesto & goats cheese and bread plus a portion of the calamari fritti which came with a lovely garlic mayo.







After a lot of umming and aaring I decided on the Halloumi and Hummus burger which came in a brioche bun with chips. It was pretty delicious but after trying Tim's chorizo version I got a little jealous.




We ended up getting so full that we skipped dessert. Next time I will definitely try and save some space as the desserts looked great. I now have 3 restaurants in Cambridge that I can call my favourites... Teri Aki, Strada and now Bill's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...