Sunday 31 July 2011

A working holiday

Pin It Last Sunday we set off to Dartmoor in Devon to teach a week long printmaking course at Dartmoor Arts. I've been looking forward to it since we got asked to do as I saw it as an opportunity for a little holiday in some beautiful surroundings. We taught a group of 12 people a mix of screenprinting, etching and woodcuts. It was a pretty exhausting week but thoroughly enjoyable. We got some really great work out of it and some great feedback. It looks very likely that we will do the same next year. I took so many photos so I thought I'd share. I'm sorry for the lack of recipes, I have a huge list of things to make over the next week so keep your eyes peeled!

Home for the week
Studio for the week
View from said studio
Going up...

The stunning views...



Its fun to stay at the...







You can't go to the west country without indulging in a cream tea.

We drove down to Cornwall on Friday night to join my brother-in-law at his gig. We had a good giggle and got to bed very late. The next morning we drove over to Newquay for breakfast before heading back to Dartmoor. We ended up going for an amazing walk up the Vallies which meant that we walked up a great appetite. Luckily that night was a big hog roast. It meant I felt a little less guilty munching away. That was followed by a Klezmer band called Hazaar who were amazing. A great end to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...